Thursday, January 13, 2005

3L Malaise

It's almost the end of the first week. I attended one course 3 times, two courses 2 times, and one course once, for a total of 8 classes. (One class meets for the first time tomorrow, and one meets again tonight.) I have read for class 1.75 times (once I was adequately prepared, and once I was mostly prepared, but I had to skim the last couple of pages). I've pretty much had it with law school, as much as the future worries me. (The short version of my future angst is that I'm not sure I'm cut out for a 9-5 job -- much less a 9-8 job. It seems boring to have to go to the same place every day and do the same thing. I hope that I am wrong about this.)

But as for law school? Well, I'm tired of the baby frat boys, of the done-up young women, of the indoctrination into conservatism and status quo. It's old. On the plus side, the professors are mostly interesting and smart -- though I pick my classes largely by the professors, not the subject. And I like wearing jeans and t-shirts every day. It's what nature intended.

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >