Monday, February 14, 2005

Snapshots in Time

I've always been one of those people who saves letters, though over the years, I've tried to purge the habit as I've moved from place to place. So, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I also save e-mails.

I have had my email account through law school for a little more than 2.5 years, and I have almost 5,000 emails -- which is the school's limit. If they gave me more space, no doubt I'd have more. Every once in a while, I make some lame attempt to get rid of them (usually when I get the "Over Quota" message from the system administrator), but here's the thing: I like having them all. They're like little snapshots in time.

For example, I just found one from my partner, written a few years ago when I was away on a family cruise (without her). It was kind of mushy and lovey. What a fun sweet surprise! THAT's why I save my 5,000 emails (which are not all, by the way, from my partner). They give me sweet surprises on rainy Mondays.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >