Thursday, June 30, 2005

MBE Lobotomy

I am fried like an egg. Toasted like bread. Boiled like... well, you get the picture. Today was the MBE simulated practice exam at Camp BarBri. I found out a couple of things.

1) I found out that I might be one of those people who throws up before big stressful exams. Now, I've never been one of those people, but this morning, my stomach apparently thought I was one of those people.

2) I found out that 6 hours is a very loooonnnngggg time to sit in my seat and stay focused with my flea-like-attention-span.

3) I found out that my flea-like-attention-span is even worse when I have not had much sleep.

I just graded the 200 questions I did today, and well, let's just say it wasn't pretty. [Insert primal scream.] Let's just say there was lots of carnage. More than might have been expected. Let's just say that I doublechecked the answers to see if I was using the right answer key. Twice. Let's just say that if today was any indication -- and I guess it's time that I take serioiusly that my practice exams are a decent indicator of my likelihood of passing -- I'm in a decently perilous situation. I mean, it's salvageable, but not on the current path. Let's just say I'm well below the passing mark. Let's just say that in the past four weeks, it has been a simple triumph to attend BarBri classes, let alone do any of the work associated with them.

Let's just say I have not been as familiar with the "yellow magic marker moments" as one might have hoped at this point.
Oy.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >