Thursday, June 30, 2005

Things That Make Me Smile

Summer nights when it stays light until really late and then the sky turns a purplish blue before it finally gets dark and the stars come out

Fireflies

Friendly neighbors who wish me good morning when I walk out my door

Talking to my 7-year-old niece on the phone

The Sunday New York Times

Melissa Ferrick in concert

Books by Anne Lamott

Making s'mores

Singing at the top of my lungs

Friends who talk for hours about nothing in particular

Vanilla bean ice cream

Walking through Center City during the summer

Being adopted by the cat next door

The way the woods feel almost cold and really green during the summer

Kayaking in the Pine Barrens

Coming home from a run all sweaty and exhausted

When the Yankees win

Graduating from law school

UPDATE:
When old friends get back in touch
When BarBri lecturers are funny, down-to-earth, engaging and calming
When communication works and I end up feeling closer and more connected to people ... even when the conversations are hard
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >