Monday, July 25, 2005

Almost There: Countdown to the Bar Exam

Leaving for the hotel in just a few hours, and then the bar exam starts 24.5 hours from now. I'm almost all packed, and then plan on studying the Pennsylvania-only subjects for the rest of the day, jamming them in just long enough to remember to write down tomorrow.

Right now, it feels sort of like when you're riding a roller coaster, and you're getting up near the top, and it's too late to get off and you know that there's no way down, except, well, down. And you're terrified and excited and happy and terrified and you just hope that it all goes okay and you open your mouth to scream except that nothing comes out. That's how this feels.

Except along with it, there are all of these people -- friends and family and people I love and like and some who I barely know -- who have sent words and thoughts and prayers and notes and phone calls and funny stories of encouragement, and some came when I felt most discouraged. I feel like they are all there, too, cheering me along. It's a great feeling. I am thankful for that.

And now, I can see it: see taking the exam, how it feels writing and focusing and concentrating... and then... over, passing, becoming an attorney. It's so close now. Let it be so.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >