Thursday, February 24, 2005

Best Thinking in the Shower

I have no idea why this is true, but it is: I do my best thinking in the shower. During finals, I've been known to shower 4 or 5 times a day, just to clear my head and get some legal concept straight. Standing there, it's like I'm in some alternate universe, where thoughts that don't ever occur to me come down like manna from heaven. Oddly (or maybe not) lots of people seem to do their best thinking there, if this Google search is any indication.

I vaguely remember a research study about this, something about how there is scientific evidence of something happening in your brain in the shower that facilitates thinking. If you remember anything about it, let me know and I'll post it.

Given the popularity of thinking in the shower, you would think that someone would develop a useful product, like a waterproof notepad, to help the process along. It sure would beat Soap-on-a-Rope.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >