Saturday, June 25, 2005

Gotta Run

Someone told me today that weight gain is a good indicator that something is/was wrong with your relationship. I gained 30 pounds last year. That's a lot of wrong, no?

So I decided that this summer was the right time to start running. Well, really, I decided that today was the right time to start running. It wasn't a long run. In my track team days, it would have been a warm-up run -- you know, before the real run. But still, it felt pretty good. Except for the mild asthma attack at the end. (Note to self: Take inhaler before running. Makes that whole breathing thing easier.) There's nothing like running down the street, or in the woods, or somewhere and watching the world whoosh by. (Okay, today, it was a pretty slow whoosh, but still.) And the high... there's nothing like it.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >