Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A Rose by Any Other Name

Because I clearly don't have enough to do, I'm trying to come up with a new pen name, for when I finish writing my first book. "Jodi _____" just doesn't have quite the "hot new novelist" ring to it that I might hope (though I am attached to it, as far as names go).

The best new name I've come up with is "J.B. Vanderslice." A little bit quirky, a little cool, and well, I like the whole initial thing. Other possibilities:

J.B. Huckleberry
or
j.b. huckleberry
j.b. manion

I also considered going with "Jodi Allyson," which encompasses the fake middle name I gave myself when I was young (after the camp counselor I had a crush on). But then, I thought that, well, there's already the incredible Dorothy Allison, and she's also a lesbian, and they'll probably think we're, like, sisters or something.

Whatever.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >