Tuesday, July 12, 2005

God, PMBR, BarBri and the Bar

I think organized religion is missing a huge untapped market: bar candidates.

I am not a religious person, though I like going to (progressive, liberal) religious things sometimes.

But I now pray regularly. Five or six times a day. I pray for divine intervention. I pray to dead relatives. I pray to gods of all persuasions. This morning, I said the Shma'a, the holiest of Jewish prayers. During BarBri's mini-bar, I said a quick Our Father. And tonight, some mindful meditation.

Mostly, I pray for bar passage. I pray not to have to do this again in February. I pray that my studying, which is come-lately, will be enough. I pray that I will be able to remember it all, that it won't leak out of my head in the middle of the night. I pray that I won't lose my breakfast the mornings of the exam. I pray that I will have the attention span and emotional stamina to stay focused. I pray that other people are praying for me. I pray that all the praying will be enough. And, mostly, I pray that I don't get one of the Fantasy Suites at the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, the site of the Pennsylvania Bar Exam, because quite frankly, they scare me.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >