Monday, July 04, 2005

Last Call: Fireworks, Massages and BarBri

So, it's last call: the final hours until All Bar, All the Time. I spent my last wee hours of freedom in Narberth, which, I learned tonight, has its own song. (It starts out "Narberth is a big little town," and goes from there.) It's a sweet little town, though I can't comment on its "big littleness" and today, they had a festival during the day, before the fireworks.

I'm a sucker for fireworks, especially small-town ones. Everyone sitting together, all crowded on a big field, little kids covering their ears, ice cream dripping down their shirts. I love looking up at the sky with everyone else; it feels so ... human. And Kevin Murphy did a nice job DJing the display, including ABBA, Kool & the Gang and The Foundations ("Build Me Up, Buttercup) in his musical selections. I don't think I ever heard ABBA on July 4, and I have to say, it was a pleasant surprise. I also noticed a few other BarBri-ites walking around, which gave me a certain peace. Of course, unlike me, they may have been studying all last month, but still.

Lastly, I highly recommend to those of you sitting for the July bar to get yourself a friend, preferably a close one, who is attending massage therapy school. My friend massagelady is doing just such a thing (hence, the nickname), and has to practice her newly honed massage skills. Nothing like a 30-minute back/neck/head massage to work out the stress of studying/not studying/worrying about studying for the bar.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >