Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Good News From the Abyss

I performed terribly on the BarBri simulated MBE, and just as badly on the PMBR simulated MBE a week later. I mean, really badly. Now, granted, I hadn't really studied thoroughly. Or consistently. I was unfocused. I've had a lot going on to distract me.

But still. I do want to pass this thing.

And right now, things have been looking up since Friday, when I spent a good portion of the night bawling uncontrollably to my best friend. (Yes, it was very sad. I am not a crier by nature, and when it happens, well, I think it surprises everyone a little, myself included. And quite frankly, it's happened a bit too often in the past two months for my comfort, what with the breakup and all.)

Anyway. I digress. Back to the happy ending. First, I bought Melissa Ferrick's new CD, The Other Side, which is great. But mostly, I've been studying, which has had a (surprisingly) calming effect. And today, I got back one of my BarBri graded essays. I did it in about 30 minutes one morning, a few weeks ago, without any advance prep. And here's the thing: I GOT A PASSING GRADE! Sure, the examiner tore apart my essay. I got some of the law wrong. And I didn't quite follow CRAC. But it was passing. PASSING! Perhaps I have emerged from the abyss of bar terror. Perhaps.
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >