Thursday, July 14, 2005

Things to Ponder While Studying Future Interests in Property

Why does my lumbar support pillow have a warning label on it? It says, "Not to be used for sleeping" and "For decorative purposes only."

Why can't it be used for sleeping? I mean, it's a pillow. And if it's for decorative purposes, why do they call it a Lumbar Support? Why don't they just call it a Squishy Cushion?

The New Jersey Board of Examiners makes bar candidates write a letter if they need to bring in anything not on the approved list. So when I right my required letter to them to bring in a "special device" (which makes me feel vaguely naughty), how do I reference it? Should I say I want to bring in my Lumbar Support pillow (not to be used for sleeping), or should I just say I'd like to bring in a Squishy Cushion?
< A Legally Inclined Weblog >